Eliana Reine Varner

Eliana Reine Varner

Saturday, July 9, 2011

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invitation To-Dos and To-Dones:
*Design pocketfold on eggplant paper
*Design main invitation
*Design map enclosure
*Design reception card/website enclosure
*Design RSVP Postcard
*Print all of the above. (80 each)
*Cut out all of the above. (80 each)
*Cut/Fold 8 1/2" x 11" eggplant paper into pocket fold (55)
*Cut 12" x 12" eggplant paper down into correct size... then fold it (25)
*Cut orange background paper (80)
*Burn 68 wooden hearts around edge and "J+H"
*Glue orange background paper to white invitation printout (80)
*Glue orange/white paper to eggplant center section (80)
*Cut hemp (80)
*Cut burlap fabric (80)
*Affix postcard stamps to RSVP cards (80)
*Make pocketfold flap inserts (160)
*Glue in pocketfold flap inserts (160)
*Fill in # of reserved seats for each invitation (80)
*Print addresses/names on envelopes (80)
*Insert enclosures into pocket (80x3)
*Seal with hot glue: burlap, hemp, and heart (80)
*Stick in envelopes and ship 'em out!!!

In regards to the last step: Jeff and I have opted to hand deliver all but 14 invitations (out of state/far from home guests). Close family and church friends will be delivered within the next week or two. I realize that this is technically against wedding etiquette to deliver by hand and to deliver at different times... but it is saving us a boatload of money... so I'm doing it anyway. HA!

Oh, and I'm still waiting on five addresses. Their invitations are made. Three of them are being hand-delivered, but I want their address on there anyway to make 'em pretty! (Since I'm so close to being done... I cheated... and crossed it off my to-do list anyway.)

I'm a happy girl. Can't wait to post 'em!!!! :)
I've been told by those who've seen them that I should enter them in some kind of contest. Yay!!

Success.

2 comments:

  1. Yay Congrats! What a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one big thing to check off the to-do list!

    I would love to hand out my invitations so I could save an extra few bucks, but my soon-to-be mother in-law would never allow it. Sometime you just need to know what fights are worth fighting for. I'm hoping to get mine sent out in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete