Eliana Reine Varner

Eliana Reine Varner

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A case of the Blahhhhhhhhhs.

So... I am currently suffering from PID (I just made this up- Post Invitation Disorientation). I kind of like it. (Not the feeling, just the acronym.) Here's the problem... I went from spending every free minute and even non-free minutes planning and doing invitations. And now I find myself feeling quite depressed, because I don't know what to do next.

Here's a link to one of my first posts:
http://mrandmrsvarner.blogspot.com/2011/01/d-i-y-gone-wild.html

I have a quite ambitious list of DIY projects to work on, and I've added to the list since then too.

I just don't know what to do next.

I feel a bit lost.

Also, I leave tomorrow for a weekend camping trip with my family. Due to unforseen events (required overtime and other things), my Jeff is about 90% sure he can't go now. (SAD FACE)

(you get the point)

I'll be fine without him, but it's also just nice to have time with him in our favorite setting- nature... boohoo. The point of this post isn't to mope- it's actually to help me figure out my next step. I'd like to take supplies along tomorrow to work on/ accomplish something weddingy this weekend. But, what?

Options:
-collect sticks for centerpieces
-take naturey photos for table numbers
-make some wedding pointer signs (requires me to bring supplies)
-create a complete list of all DIY projects, required steps, and supplies needed (will make me feel like a more organized bride)
-blow off wedding planning and enjoy a relaxing weekend...


When I get home then I can kick it into high gear and:
-finish crossword puzzle
-get material for liners of baskets for Trail Mix Bar
-make petal cones out of Kraft paper
-make all my Bridesmaid gifts!!!!
-make wedding pointer signs
-create a wedding update newsletter for my ladies :)
-scope out deals on S'more ingredients for our favors (now's the time of year for bargains!)
-make my three wooden cake stands
-make some twine balls
-set up a hair trial with my aunt
-set up a make-up trial with my Mary Kay consultant friend!!!
-send out an S.O.S. email/ facebook alert for another large canopy and white Christmas lights!!
-plan more DIY projects :)


Okay, I feel better now.


please excuse my lame humor :)

2 comments:

  1. I say def take pictures for table signs! I loved that on your RSVP postcards, I think it would be such a great tie-in! And then that requires little work and still crosses something off your to do list! I've found that writing everything down is immensely helpful! Every little thing, because you feel so fantastic when you check even a small thing off that list. Good luck and have fun this weekend! I recently hiked 50 miles on the AT and my fiance couldn't come, it sucked not having him there, but it was still awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are tying so many nature things into your wedding theme. You are soooo creative..can you pass some of that along to me please! :) Have a great camping trip!

    ReplyDelete