Eliana Reine Varner

Eliana Reine Varner

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Amazing Awesomeness!!!

So... remember how I said I had no idea where I was going to find time to get major wedding DIY projects done?

Well, first off.... Hurricane Irene rolled through here last night (well, early this morning)... from about 1-6am it was pretty intense.

Which brings me to my next point... yesterday was my surprise bridal shower!!!

My maid of honor hand-delivered these directions to me with a beautiful dress and jewelry inside a bag to get ready. :) (oh, and a bandana- hehe)
Jeff drove me as I was blindfolded... so I wouldn't know where we were going. He pulled into random dirt roads and pulled 360s. I was so sick by the time the drive was over. hahaha...
So, the party was supposed to be out in my yard... which obviously was not a good place for it with the hurricane on it's way. :) So, my ingenious lovely ladies strategized with my parents and made plans to move it into our barn.

I only have this one mobile upload that one of my lovelies posted on facebook...


Anyway- at the party I explained my predicament about not having time... and wedding plans being stalled.

In comes Hurricane Irene.

Woke up at 6am this morning to a crashing noise outside my window. Without glasses on I saw branches waving right outside my window. Not a good sign... seeing that the tree that used to be in our yard was growing about 35 feet from our house.

So, my dad spent the afternoon cutting it down for firewood. And then I came into the picture and asked for varying sized chunks for centerpieces, cake stands, and stilts for the Trail Mix Bar baskets.

Hurricane Irene saves the day!!!!! :) haha


4 comments:

  1. I knew hurricanes were good for something. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's fantastic that you managed to make something so great of the situation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool..love the earthy tone to your theme!!! So cute your bridal party blindfolded you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad everyone is alright, and that the hurricane worked in your favor! :)

    ReplyDelete